Sunday, May 29, 2011

Signing at Benjamin Books

Yesterday I read at Benjamin Books in Rothesay. My publisher Terrilee Bulger drove from PEI to attend while her two dogs waited patiently in her car. The crowd was small but warm and very receptive. I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely couple (The Laskey Collective) and they shared their own stories of loss and healing. Rickie, Waylon. Eva and Sunny were part of the attentive listeners. ( actually Sunny fell asleep). Eva asked a very thought provoking question and brought tears to her Nanny Sue's eyes. My wonderful former principal arrived and recieved words of praise for the support he offered " Mrs Montague " in the year she cried. I signed a few books and had the pleasure of seeing my books stacked amongst the vast selection of children's  books in Mary Ann Gallagher's delightful book store. Thank you Mary Ann and Benjamin Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment