Friday, January 1, 2016

A New Year Post

I should write a new year post but I am tired and weary. I feel like what I most want to do is crawl back into my unmade bed. I probably won't. I will instead probably try to muster the energy for the day and for the year to come. I did not have a wild and rowdy new years eve. We had supper with friends and got home in time to see the new year in in the warmth , comfort and privacy of our own home. No big fanfare , no hype and no drama. Just a very poorly rendered version of Auld Lang Syne on the TV, a kiss and on we go to 2016.It did not come without memories of past New Year's eves but I do not have the desire to recount those right now. I will rally somewhat. They say what you do on new years day you do the rest of the year. So I will cook for my family and friends, I will walk in the woods, I will write a word or two and check in on my writing, I will do a few housekeeping chores, I will spend time with those I love either in person or on the phone. I will regroup and head into the year ahead with a grateful heart and a calm optimism. I will reflect and respond. Not much different really except it is a new calendar and a new year . It will fly by as quickly as the last one and I will attempt to be mindful of each day and every moment. Post script-On this the second day of the new year I look back at yesterday's after Christmas slump and feel much more energetic. I did rally yesterday. I prepared supper for ten people and we had a great evening. The sun is shining brightly this morning. I will tackle the tree and run across the river to do some shopping for essentials. Seems we are out of dog food and toilet paper. Chapin got his roof trusses up yesterday and will soon have the roof boarded in keeping future snowfalls out. So much to look forward to in this new year and so much to look back at and be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment