Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15,2011 Another wet day. Waiting for the sun to come out so we can start the gardening season of 2011. I expect this will be a busy week getting ready for the launch on Thursday. Perhaps it will not be as emotional as last week was when I finally received my books in the mail. I will continue to prepare to share something that is so personal and meaningful to me as I let the book out . I am so pleased with the finished product and so thankful for the entire experience. What ever the launch turns out to be I will be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I was unable to attend your BOOK LAUNCH. I would have loved the opportunity to tell you in person how much I enjoyed your book; it was heart wrenching and I wiped a wet cheek often as I read about your broken heart over the loss of your precious son, Zachary. Being a retired teacher myself I found myself giving you a pat on the back for your teaching style and genuine interest in your students. I, too, aspire to write and joined a group this winter to pursue that interest but due to other limitations it has been put on hold for the time being.
    I loved the journal format of the book and I had fun trying to identify some of the characters and the mental imagery that formed as I read the descriptions of "your lake".
    I commented to your Aunt Ruth today that it is wonderful that you have been given an award for your work but I hope many ages read it has it has much appeal for those of us who no longer fit into the "young adult" classification.
    We do not know each other very well but I am sincere in saying I wish you the very best of luck and much success with your future writing.
    GO GET 'EM GAL!!! Shirley

    ReplyDelete