Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Finding Me

 Amid preparation for tomorrow's launch; you know picking an outfit, deciding on glasses vs no glasses, choosing and practicing a reading and settling on what  will be seen in the background I feel the need to write a blog entry. I also feel the desire to start a brand new book from a blank page with only a snippet of an idea but that will wait for another day. Earlier I went out to attend to some errands; vehicle registration, purchase lipstick for my non existent lips , return library books, buy fruit and one cob of corn. On my walk back I felt  excitement and  elation and it occurred to me it felt like when I was a kid or at least a young adult embarking on an adventure. It felt so good. It felt like I had found me. Now some might say I ran away from home, perhaps they would say I left my marriage, some might think I left my kids and grand kids. Others might marvel that I left the home , the farm , the lake and the life I love. There is a shred of truth in all of that perhaps but I would argue that instead of leaving anything I ran toward something and that something or someone is me. I ran to where I find myself right now to find myself. To some that might sound dramatic but I don't particularly care what it sounds like. For now all I care about is what it feels like. I am hurting no one, abandoning or betraying no-one . I am taking care of me.




 

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Good for you, Sue. I love your attitude. You can’t be any good to anyone else until and unless you take care of yourself, and most of all, find yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so, SO good. You know, when people decide to look after themselves everyone around them gets a HUGE lift. Most important, we feel inspired to do the same. Thank you. Keep blazing a trail that's bright... and all your own. I'm so glad to know you!

    ReplyDelete