Friday, July 30, 2021

When a New Book Comes

A mix of dark and white fluffy clouds, sunshine streaming through after a day of rain, a truck racing between stop signs on  Sydney Street, folks walking by my windows; a Friday early evening and a good time to write a blog entry. July is winding down quickly and yesterday I opened the first box filled with copies of Skyward. I am always excited to hold a finished book and do not tire of the thrill. I remember opening the first box of The Year Mrs. Montague Cried. I sat in the Shopper's Drug Mart parking lot and sobbed holding the first book as I pulled it out of the box. I still fill with emotion when I really think of the journey that brought that book in to existence. I would have to search my writing journals to determine exactly when the existence of Skyward began but I know the work that took it from the seed of an idea to the book I placed in the book ends last night. I have announced Skyward's arrival, posted proud pictures and had lots of congratulatory comments. Tomorrow I will take it to the market and send it out into the world. So far only Burton and Megan have received copies. I had some copies ordered for a school by a teacher friend and will be pleased to do a follow up visit when school starts. My online launch will be Aug 12th at 7:00. Check out the event on my author Facebook page. I may even at sometime later in the fall have an in person gathering to celebrate book ten. I really want Mitchell Barr to make chocolate cakes with boiled icing so we can eat cake and celebrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment