Thursday, July 23, 2020

Bookends of Blessing

In my office on this misty, grey morning I sit and reflect. I have loved the bright sunny hot summer's days of gardening, swimming and soaking up July. Another July, this one so similar but so different than previous ones. This July has it's mix of joy and sadness, victories and failures, wonder and worry. This July we work toward our departure to go out and help Meg move. We are over the moon with happiness at the prospect of having her nearby, of driving a short distance to see our girls and having them pop in for visits , sleepovers and to be available and accessible when we are needed.Other summers we have had the pleasure of their visits, of memory making and adventure, of relationship building , laughter, tears and beautiful moments in time. Those summers have gotten us to where we are right now.The seeds were planted, the attention and work done to create what we now have to look forward to.I love the seasons,the routines and gifts each month and season brings. I love the rest and regrouping summer has always provided. I love the anticipation of fall and thoughts of getting back to work. Two days ago my ninth book arrived by courier. I had been waiting to behold and hold another book created from a tiny seed of an idea I worked and crafted, word by word, step by step.I place that ninth book in the bookends beside the others. Each book,each season a tribute to the life I've been given to live. I sometimes am overwhelmed with the thought of it. I was a little girl dreaming of writing a book, being a teacher and having children. I have done those three things while trying to maintain who I am and what I believe in.Perhaps this day of reflection needs a good jolt of " just get on with it, get over yourself, make a list and get to work." Ok everyone! Everyone is Ok . We will get done what needs to get done. We will go , come back and keep living this interesting, not always easy, rewarding and frightening life.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so anxiuos to know what my husband was always doing late outside the house so i started contacting investigators and was scamed severly until i almost gave up then i contacted this one private investigator and he delivered a good job showing evidences i needed from the apps on his phone like whatsapp,facebook,instagram and others and i went ahead to file my divorce papers with the evidences i got,He also went ahead to get me back some of my lost money i sent to those other fake investigators,every dollar i spent on these jobs was worth it.Contact him so he also help you.
    mail: bestappshackers@gmail.com
    text on whatsapp +1 6026094730

    ReplyDelete