Sunday, October 20, 2019

On This Sunny Day

On this day I will be OK. I will take this day as the gift it is . I will do what I do and it will be enough. I will gaze out the window at the sunny hills their trees ablaze with color. I will cook a turkey that used to roam and flutter and squawk in our yard . I will clean a bit and organize taking pleasure in my home and my blessings. Thanksgiving will carry on from last weekend to this and I will allow thanksgiving to be my mantra. Thankful for family, for strong and steady fathers , for years of family and home, for daughters, granddaughters, grandsons and sons, for friends and community, for elderly friends who gave story and memory and her journal writing to so many, for harvest and good food, for promise and purpose, for time and lists of possibility, for days to be OK after difficult days, for wood road walks to look up at the sky and let it all fall into place. This day I will be OK .

2 comments: