Monday, February 26, 2018

On a Sunny Monday Morning

The sun is streaming in through my office window.Earlier the sky looked grey with a drizzly rain.It is the start of another week, the last week of February. That is hard to believe . We almost have winter beat and it hasn't been that bad. We have had some cold, a bit of snow, lots of ice but the sun is strong and spring is on the horizon. I see so many blessings ahead. I hold in my heart the gifts Spring will bring. I also reflect on the gifts winter has brought.So many gifts and the choice each day to focus on those gifts instead of worries and concerns. Today I have the privilege of speaking to a group of Peninsula seniors. I look forward to sharing my love of place. I am so thankful for my home and my purpose and how it has changed over the years.I am no longer the little girl standing in awe at Louise Northrup's 100th birthday party. In awe of community, in awe of story and in awe of belonging.I don't expect Gladys will be there but she will be with me as I talk about the the stories of this place I hold so dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment