Monday, April 11, 2016

What April Is

I just got a blog alert from my blog coach. I had thought for a moment this morning before I started working that it was time for a blog entry but chose instead to get right to work. I am really enjoying where I am right now in my WIP. I foresee limited writing time ahead. April and May are both going to be fairly busy and I don't usually write much in June. I would really like to have this book finished by the time I wind down for the summer. As I wrote all day I kept jotting things down on my to do list which clearly indicates to me what is simmering beneath the surface. April is many things for me. Birthdays, and anniversaries to mention two big ones. Birthdays include my daughter's, my sister in laws, my brother in laws, nephew, daughter in law to be, friends. Anniversaries both sad and happy. Sad anniversaries include Zac, Stewart, Columbine,Boston Marathon bombings, David Greenslade. Happy ones Meg and Cody's ,my friend Karen and her husband Brian, Burton and my wedding anniversaries. Every month holds all those kinds of dates but April speaks loudly to me. For the first few years the dread of this month approaching was almost debilitating. The mention of the date was torture for me. Kredl's sign announcing it's Spring opening could trigger anxiety and bring me to tears. Every year it seemed some event would fall on the 18th and for weeks ahead it would be advertised on nightly commercials always bringing a jab of pain with it. Seventeen years later this has become easier and facing the month of April less difficult. So this afternoon I will take a good look at this month in 2016 for me . I will leave Wednesday and go visit Meg and Cody , Emma and Paige. I am so anxious to hug my girls. I will enjoy every minute with my precious granddaughters , my daughter and son in law. On Saturday I will pick my sister in law up at the airport and the girls , she and I will drive to our niece Esther's wedding. I look forward to celebrating the day with family. Two years ago Louisa and I went to Alberta for two other of Elias and Mary's eight children when they were married. I will attend the Atlantic Book Awards ceremony in Moncton toward the end of the month. Four years ago I was honored when The Year Mrs. Montague Cried won the Ann Connor Brimer award at the ceremony in NFLD. I will take joy in seeing other authors given the same honor and am rooting for Valerie Sherrard. At the end of the month I begin my weekly market mornings where I get to meet readers and sell books. I am looking forward to that. I will celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary on the same day we celebrate Ashlie's 25th birthday. We will accept the good with the bad, the joy with the sorrow. April showers will bring May flowers and I am getting closer to my first lake swim of the season. In all we are given I am thankful for another April.

No comments:

Post a Comment