Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Here We Go Again?

I know it's winter but I couldn't help thinking yesterday when everything was green and clear that it wouldn't be so bad to have things stay that way. I would miss snowshoeing but as I lay in bed last night thinking of the storm that was approaching part of me cringed at the thought of last winter and the deep, deep snow cover that enveloped us for four months.I thought of what would be covered in the morning and how different everything will look. Caleb and Ashlie's big Scottish Highlander cow loves the cold and the snow. She has a shelter but prefers sleeping right out in the weather. I did not complain a lot last winter but I realized yesterday when dreading it happening all over again it was challenging. I don't have to travel in bad weather but the people I love do. The amount of snow last year made going to the woods difficult for Burton and his wood production so far has been so good. I would hate to see that change.It will unfold as it will and there is nothing I can do about it.We will not know what we're in for until it's over. Isn't that just like everything else in life. Prepare as best you can, make the best of what you're given and put on your snowshoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment