Monday, October 26, 2015

Life's a Circle

Saint John artist Doris Daigle created this beautiful watercolor and presented it to me last Thursday at an event hosted by the Saint John Art Club. The art club members read one or more of my books and some of them produced paintings inspired by something they read. It was wonderful to see their creations. Some members told me about their efforts but didn't bring them to show. It was a wonderful evening.I love the circle effect Doris created when depicting the story in The Memory Chair. I love Harry Chapin's song All My Life's a Circle. I often talk about the cycle of the seasons. So many circles and cycles in our lives. The Double Wedding Ring Quilt is a perfect symbol for that. We all intertwine and impact each other. On pg 109 in The Memory Chair Betony talks about the pieces in the Double Wedding Ring quilt. She ends by saying "Each little piece becomes part of the whole thing before it becomes a quilt." What better analogy about the moments and days of our lives and the experiences and people we meet along the way that come together to create a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment