Tuesday, September 29, 2015

What Home Is

Home Sweet Home. Home is Where the Heart is. Home. This morning my thoughts go to what home is for me. I watch the home improvement shows when Burton is not around. Just ask him about Love it or List it and he will tell you a sad story of his wife hurting his feelings when he attempted to join her when she was watching it one day. Apparently I wasn't welcoming. The poor man has feelings you know. Anyway those home improvement shows are all about making homes nicer, upgrading, improvements. My home is not perfect, far from it and if cash came along I can think of some improvements I would make for sure but I love my home. Burton and I built this house after two years of living in a little shed, followed by five years of living in a trailer that we put on the property when Megan was two months old. I was so sure I could keep living in our 12 by 12 shed with two kids but I caved. After settling into the trailer we began building our house. We had no idea what we were doing really but build a house we did. We built a cordwood house . The stories of building it are plentiful and entertaining . Lots of learning and mistakes and challenges. We raised four children in those years of continual building and thirty three years later we are not done yet. But within the walls of my imperfect house there is a home I would not trade for any of the homes I see on those home improvement shows. I love my house and my home. This week we welcome Caleb and Ashlie home for awhile while they build their first home. They are building a garage and plan to live in it for a few years before they build their big house. Chapin and Brianne live across the road in a small house they moved onto the property the year they got married and have now begun building their big house. Houses , homes, beginnings , building lives. That is a tradition Burton and I began on this property and it fills us with joy and pride to watch our boys doing the same thing. Meg and the girls will come visit next week and be a part of what home is for them living so far away. Grampie has a small bucket waiting for Paige so she can carry feed to the pigs and she is very excited about that. I will prepare meals in the pantry I love and fashioned after the one I loved in my great aunt Alice's home. We will also get to enjoy Ashlie's cooking which is a real perk to having them here. I will continue to watch those shows and see the wonderful transformations designers create but take such pleasure knowing that when I walk through the doors of my imperfect house I am home and no amount of money can improve on that.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello,

      I saw your latest ebook on Amazon. From the synopsis it looks like a high quality ebook. If you are interested, I can provide you with an honest, insightful and balanced review. The review will generally be of 100-400 words (depending on the ebook). Please visit http://exzorders.com/review-policy/ if this is something you are interested in.

      You can check my sample reviews and testimonials on that website too.

      I reach out to authors like you because I love to read new stories :)

      If you like what you see please fill in the form below to submit your ebook for review (it is totally free to submit an ebook review request):
      https://secure.mailjol.net/allforms/u/0fcf9832.php

      Please note: For some time authors have asked me to get their reviews done faster. Due to my busy schedule and ongoing freelance projects (which are what pay my bills), I am not always able to review books submitted to me within a reasonable timeframe (I have 100s of ebooks in my library I am yet to review). As such, I offer an optional upgrade for those who want the review posted faster. The upgrade is only 6 USD and you can bypass it if you don't mind waiting. Like I said, totally OPTIONAL! Please don't think that by upgrading you would get a five stars review if your ebook does not deserve it. You are paying me for speed, not for the review :)

      If you have already submitted a review request on my website then please ignore this message.

      I can also read your ebook (upto 100 pages) from cover to cover and send you a list of errors or mistakes I have found (I will also point out plotholes, if any). For this I charge only $39.

      Delete