Monday, May 7, 2012

Busy,Busy , Busy

I am getting geared up for a busy two weeks . This week I have two readings. On Thursday I will join Riel Nason at the Saint John Public library . I look forward to doing a reading with her. I always enjoy her company and the opportunity to hear her read from her very successful first novel The Town That Drowned.From there I will drive directly to Pictou Nova Scotia to meet Gloria Wesley. Gloria's novel Chasing Freedom has also been short listed for the Anne Connor Brimer Award. We will do a public reading together at the Pictou Library on Friday at 1:00. The following week Burton and I fly to St. John's early Thursday morning. I am very excited about going to Newfoundland and plan to enjoy every second of the Atlantic Book Awards and Festival. I am thrilled to have been invited to participate and will be happy whatever the outcome. This time last year when I was about to launch The Year Mrs. Montague Cried and was anxiously awaiting to hold the first copy in my hands,I had no idea how well it would be received. I am very grateful for everything that followed. I just got a draft of a cover for Ten Thousand Truths and now see the reality of cracking the spine of my second book and anticipate whatever that will bring. I will probably only have a few more writing days before I put my fourth book aside until September. I will fill my summer with gardening, swimming, kyaking. reading and my July book launch.As my former colleagues look forward to their summer holidays from the challenges of teaching I too will step away from my writing and let those summer months fill me up. Busy is good when that busy is filled with things you love. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment