Wednesday, March 2, 2022

On These Dark Days

 And suddenly mask mandates, trucker convoys and vaccine passports seem so trivial against the backdrop of Russian invasion and a country under attack. In these dark days of winter our attention has shifted to the terrifying reality of suffering and violence being perpetrated on the sovereign nation of  Ukraine.  For weeks  the news was filled with accounts of the siege on Ottawa, cries for freedom and swelling opposition to government over reach. The Russian invasion is what real government over reach looks like and it is truly worth our outrage and protest. I sit in the comfort of my home and feel the threat of it.  I have no words for this attack. I just know in the core of my soul how barbaric and heartless it all is.


No comments:

Post a Comment