Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Out My Small Window

 I love summer. I also love the fall, winter and spring. Seasons are such a gift and carry us year after year. Last night on my city street walk I felt the tug of the next season in the gentle cool breeze. As stated earlier this season is very different and I am daily adjusting, processing and settling myself to my present situation. But in reality of course that is always the case. Life is not a stagnant experience but a constant state of flux. We know not what will come at us next. This morning I look out my small window and it is another day of overcast, misty skies. I have to get to a brand new work only a few paragraphs in and that is both exciting and frightening.  Yesterday I finished the read through of the designers draft of The Wright Retreat and feel the excitement of its final stretch toward publication. A new small window of opportunity is what each season provides. I will embrace the days left of summer, the lake swims I will get , the warm sun and colorful flowers. I will figure out the path I'm on and work toward a healthy road back. The zigs and zags and obstacles are the unknown but the tools I have are there whichever season and whatever comes along.  I will keep my tool box full, pay attention to what  I put in and what I take out. This is the day I will face and for that I am grateful!


1 comment:

  1. The lovely thing about smaller windows, Sue, is that they can encourage intentional focus. Larger windows, although generous, can distract us from the integrity of deliberate intention. Too much to see, too many choices of where to look or act. Instead, a more distilled outward view stimulates a deeper inward vision - one that (like a prism) can reveal deeper colours, unexpected perceptions, a glimpse at the numinous that embraces the edge of our 'visible' range.

    ReplyDelete